How does God supernaturally reveal Himself?
This book is a detailed introduction to the complex, controversial, but vital topic of miracles. The topic would be difficult enough, but the claims and teaching of Charismaticism have made a biblical understanding of miracles even more critical, but also more complicated. In the course of this Bible study we endeavor to answer such questions as:
- What is a miracle?
- How do we avoid the extremes between anti-supernaturalism which claims there are no miracles, and super-supernaturalism which claims an abundance of them?
- What are the different types of miracles and why is it critical to distinguish them?
- What are the myriad of ways that God has miraculously “spoken” and which of these can we expect today?
- What is the biblical place and attributes of dreams and visions?
- What is the embarrassing history and alarming dangers of the super-supernaturalism at the heart of the “charismatic” movement?
Because we love and pursue grace, we do not wish to offend anyone, but because we love and pursue the truth, it is time for a contemporary biblical critique of popular errors regarding miracles.
View a chapter as a PDF
A: BEST– Most helpful, interesting and/or important chapters
B: ESSENTIAL– Important chapters to understand the topic
C: Specialized- Chapters for the more complex points of the topic
Part I: Introduction to Miracles
Part II: The Myriad of Miraculous Deeds
B 10.4 Divine Miracles 101
A 10.5 Human Miracle Working 113
Part III: The Myriad of Miraculous Words
B 10.10 Voice & Apparitions 229
B 10.11 Visions & Dreams 241
Part IV: Extreme & Unbiblical Views of Miracles