How and why has God spoken to us?
Answering these questions involves the immense topic of divine revelation. This book is an important introduction to the discussion of how God has revealed Himself through His works and words. While there are few things more vital than an understanding of how God “speaks” to us, it is either a neglected or confused topic in much of Christian theology today. Our purpose in this book is to provide a biblical study of the various types and purposes of the myriad of different methods of divine revelation. In the process we endeavor to answer such critical and controversial questions as:
- How do we know when God is ‘speaking’?
- What has been the progression of divine revelation?
- What are the only two methods of revelation that God uses to communicate to all of humanity?
- Why is Scripture so authoritative and sufficient for the Christian life?
- What are the several vital but often neglected ways that God “speaks” to us apart from Scripture?
- How does God expect us to make decisions and does He have a “personal” will for our lives that cannot be found in Scripture?
- Does God “speak” to us by planting thoughts in our mind?
View a chapter as a PDF
A: BEST– Most helpful, interesting and/or important chapters
B: ESSENTIAL– Important chapters to understand the topic
C: Specialized- Chapters for the more complex points of the topic