Is God still giving revelation today?
That question is at the heart of the claims of the largest theological “movement” of Christianity since the Reformation, Charismaticism. And the foundation of their claim that God is still granting direct divine revelation apart from Scripture is their belief that the gift of prophecy is still operating today. This book is a very detailed study of the gift of prophecy and it defends the following conclusions:
- Modern claims to prophecy are one of the most widespread and dangerous frauds in Christianity.
- Real biblical Prophets spoke divinely authoritative revelation, and always predicted the future with perfect accuracy in order to authenticate themselves.
- Modern so-called “prophets” either make mistaken predictions, or claim they don’t even need to try in order to claim the biblical gift of prophecy.
- The predictive record of real God-sent Prophets is astounding.
- There was no difference between the authority and purpose of OT Jewish Prophets like Jeremiah and NT Christian Prophets like Agabus.
- The Church universally testified that the gift of prophecy ceased by the third century.
- God really hates modern false claims to be speaking for Him.
View a chapter as a PDF
A: BEST– Most helpful, interesting and/or important chapters
B: ESSENTIAL– Important chapters to understand the topic
C: Specialized- Chapters for the more complex points of the topic